The 13 Characteristics of Successful People
The following is a list of the skills, talents, and characteristics you’ll find in successful people:
- Successful people have a dream. They have a well-defined purpose. They have a definite goal. They know what they want. They go out and do things that others say can’t be done.
- Successful people have ambition. They want to accomplish something. They have enthusiasm, commitment and pride. They’re willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Successful people are strongly motivated towards achievement. They take great satisfaction in accomplishing a task.
- Successful people are focused. They concentrate on their main goals and objectives. They work on the projects that are important, and don’t allow those projects to sit until the last minute.
- Successful people learn how to get things done. They use their skills, talents, energies, and knowledge to the fullest extent possible.
- Successful people take responsibility for their actions. They don’t make excuses. They don’t blame others. They don’t whine and complain.
- Successful people look for solutions to problems. They’re opportunity-minded. When they see opportunities they take advantage of them.
- Successful people make decisions. They think about the issues and relevant facts, give them adequate deliberation and consideration, and make a decision. Decisions aren’t put off or delayed, they’re made now!
- Successful people have the courage to admit they’ve made a mistake. When you make a mistake, admit it, fix it, and move on.
- Successful people are self-reliant. They have the skills, talents, and training that are needed in order to be successful.
- Successful people have specific knowledge, training, and/or skills and talents. When they need information, knowledge, or skills and talents that they don’t possess, they find someone who does possess them.
- Successful people work with and cooperate with other people. They surround themselves with people who offer them help, support and encouragement. They are leaders.
- Successful people are enthusiastic. They’re excited by what they’re doing, and that excitement is contagious. They draw people to them because these people want to work with them, do business with them and be with them.
– Jeffrey J. Mayer