ART OF LIVING
NEW YEAR GIFT
Below are some gifts you can give all year long:
- The gift of praise: Appropriate mention, right in front in the fellow, of superior qualities or of jobs or of deeds well done.
- The gift of consideration: Putting yourself in the other fellow's shoes, and thus proving your genuine understanding of his side of the case.
- The gift of concession: Humbly saying at just the right point, "Sorry, you're right and I'm wrong."
- The gift of gratitude: Never forgetting to say "Thank you" and never forget to mean it.
- The gift of attention: When the other fellow speaks, listen attentively. If his words are directed to you personally meet his eye squarely.
- The gift of inspiration: Plant seeds of courage and action in the other fellow's heart. Help him to strive for greater accomplishment and lasting satisfaction.
- The gift of personal presence: In sickness, in trouble, or in a day of great joy, there is nothing quite equal to your personal expression of sympathy or congratulation.
These are the gifts that all can bestow throughout the year and be richer for the giving.
- Praying Hands